The Actia Transfobio joint technological network has a five-year programme that started in January 2020. Its aim for this new accreditation period is to evaluate and optimise the qualities of processed organic products in order to help companies adapt to a changing market.
Its work aims to:
- approach organic product quality from a holistic perspective (nutrition, health, flavour, environment, social responsibility, financial) and evaluate it more accurately;
- produce tools and methods that allow companies to improve the quality of their organic products;
- help companies better understand consumer expectations;
- contribute to changing regulations on organic farming;
- develop research projects to remove identified barriers to the processing of organic products;
- connect French R&D networks and projects with European platforms and partners.
Methodology: Characterisation of the factors that impact the quality of processed organic products
Development of an approach for evaluating organic practices, in particular by creating a diagnostic tool, by analysing and characterising the factors that impact the qualities of organic products (e.g. raw materials, formulation, processes, packaging, etc.).
Application: Optimisation of the qualities of processed organic products
Identification of opportunities to improve or maintain the quality of organic products.
Deployment of tools for evaluating and improving the quality of processed organic products.
Response to market expectations in terms of processed organic products
Understanding consumer perceptions and attitudes to the processing of organic food.
Analysis of the scaling up of organic production to raise companies' awareness of the risks and opportunities.
Communication on and promotion of the joint technological network's results
Publication of technical guides, creation of training tools, and organisation of technical events, in order to guide companies involved in processing organic products (companies, suppliers, researchers and engineers, students, etc.) in their choices and their strategies.
Regular updates of the Transfobio website and improvement of the tools available.
TRAnSFOBIo WEBsiTE (FRENCH)