The winemaking process is a key factor for many experiments on vines and wines and its implementation is essential to assess the quality and the characteristics of wines. The design of a device allowing winemaking for small batches of grapes (1 to 1.5kg) from the pre-fermentation stage to the fermentation in heterogeneous phase should allow:
- To integrate the potential of winemaking at the earliest stages of plant breeding.
- To increase and assess the potential and skills of winemaking for existing varieties.
- To guide the plant breeding.
- To assess the impact on wine of a large number of genotypes subject to different stresses.
- To multiply vinifications in repeatable and scalable conditions.
- To carry out fundamental studies on fermentation in heterogeneous phase.
Study of quick sampling methods for small homogeneous batches of grapes.
Preparation of musts and fermentation
Design of the multi-micro vinifications robot.
Incorporate the potential of winemaking in plant breeding and the creation of new varieties (in connection with UMT Géno-Vigne®) and understanding of interaction between yeasts and polyphenols during vinifications in heterogeneous phase.